The Hands On! Discovery Center offers several options for field trips for schools and other youth groups:
- The Stellar STEAM Tour includes programming in all exhibit halls.
- The Fossil Finder Tour focuses on paleontology exhibits and programs.
- The Dual Discovery Tour combines the STEAM and Fossil Tours.
To register for a field trip, or to find more information, visit the Hands On website.
Behind the Scenes Paleontology Tour
Older learners looking for a more in-depth experience might consider this behind-the-scenes tour of the Gray Fossil Site & Museum facilities. In this program, one of our paleontologists will lead your group out onto the Gray Fossil Site itself and inside our fossil laboratories. It’s a great opportunity to learn about paleontology, geology, and ancient history in the Appalachian region.
Please be aware that due to pandemic safety precautions, some portions of the behind-the-scenes tour might be unavailable.
- Ages: high school and older.
- Maximum group size: 20 people.
- Available Wednesdays through Saturdays between 9:30am and 4pm.
- $8 per person
- Limited availability.
- Contact David Moscato to register: email@example.com